January 2007

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Flat-pack Flat

For those of you who can't get enough IKEA. You can now buy a pre-fab IKEA apartment or even a house. That is, if you happen to live in Scandinavia or the UK.

Still, I think these things would be a big hit along the 405 corridor. Although I don't think one will fit in the trunk of a Jetta. Even with the seats folded down.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Vet

I made my appointment.

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Can't get away with that

There's nothing like having the Stiff Little Fingers blaring while answering design review comments to encourage one to be blunt and to the point.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007


Temptation

For close to the same price as our little old bungalow downtown we could afford a house twice the size in suburbia. It's extremely tempting this time of year as the walls close in on me and I feel a draft from the old single pane windows. I know I'd regret it in a few months when summer comes and I'd have no trees. But still...

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Foobah

I've previously made my opinions clear on football so I won't retread them now, but recently a friend of my wife sent her a calender of Australian Football players.

Note to the NFL, if you want women and... uhh... different men to pay more attention to your sport take a cue from the boys down-under. Lose the helmets and pads, and let the ladies see some beefcake.

Mazel Tov

To Britt for graduating from Law School. You are now an over-educated, licensed tool of The Man. Welcome to the club. Now you can make self-righteous condescending comments about how you want to "help the working class."

Thursday, January 18, 2007

and I guess

That I just don't know.

Fuckit... I'm off the wagon. Hand me the rubber tubing and the needle....

Ooooohh.. yeah........

ttttthhhhat's some good junk.

...when I'm rushing on my run, and I feel just like Jesus' son...

WTF?

Why the fuck do I have Soul Asylum in my iTunes library?

Snobaru

Disclaimer: Kids, do not even think about trying the following with your mom's piece-of-shit SUV.

With all the snow this winter, I'm learning the joys of neutral steering in an all-wheel-drive car. When approaching a corner I'll brake in, then just as I'm turning I hit the gas for a split second then let off. The rear wheels kick out sending me into a skid. Then I counter-steer and gradually give it more gas which causes the front wheels grab and pull me out of the turn. I feel like I'm Colin McRae in this thing. I still stand by my belief that all these doughy suburbanites who claim that they NEED four wheel drive are idiots who should not be allowed to live. I've lived my entire life north of the 45th parallel and gotten along just fine with rear- or front-wheel-drive vehicles. However, I really enjoy having a ride that handles like a rally car.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Neglect

Okay, it's been more than 2 weeks since I last posted. The reasons are severalfold for my absence, but mostly it's been a case of not giving a fuck. However, I feel the need to comment now that my self-imposed fast on news is over. I'll admit that I wasn't able to completely avoid the news media, but at least I felt that I was able to further distance myself from the hype. Anyway, here goes:
  1. Saddam is apparently dead. Iraq is still apparently a clusterfuck.
  2. The Democrats won a majority in Congress. Washington DC is apparently still a clusterfuck.
  3. Apparently in response, Bush fired Rumsfeld. Iraq is still apparently a clusterfuck.
  4. James Brown and Gerald Ford died. The former is apparently far more missed than the latter.
Sooo... that's about it for now. If you were hoping for a rant from me, I apologize. If you were hoping that I had shut up for good, tough shit. I will be back, but for now I have work to do.